Which Wich is a win win

Photo courtesy of: http://theexaminer.com/features/dining-guide/which-wich
photo courtesy of orthogonalthought.com
by Jordan Berardi

The future of sandwiches, salads and wraps is located at 554 Westport Rd. in Kansas City. Which Wich, home of “superior sandwiches” creates an option for every taste bud. Walking into the vibrant store, customers are greeted with a stainless steel table housing 10 bins of brown paper sacks and three bins of red Sharpie markers. On each group of bags, a different meat is listed. For example, bag one signifies a choice for turkey and bag two is ham and pork. Other bags include beef, chicken, seafood, vegetarian, Italian, classics and breakfast.

After selecting a bag, the customer selects if they want it on a salad, a lettuce wrap or the traditional sandwich.

On the bag of your choice, you can begin to select your sandwich toppings. You are able to choose from 10 different cheeses, nine spreads and sauces, four kinds of mustard, four kinds of mayonnaise, six kinds of dressings, three kinds of onions, 16 kinds of veggies and other toppings and seven kinds of oils and spices. In addition, you can choose to add bacon to your meal or avocado, for an extra charge.

Next, you select if you want your Which cold or toasted and you are able to choose from three different sizes.

After selecting your choices in red Sharpie marker, you take it to the always-happy cashier who will pin your bag to a little clip and send it down a clothesline to the staff who will create your sandwich, salad or wrap to your custom desires.

Some extras at Which Wich include cookies, which are heated upon ordering, therefore are chewy and warm for the customer’s enjoyment. You can also get their homemade cookies atop and below a bed of vanilla ice cream, making a delicious ice cream sandwich. But best of all, are Which Wich’s shakes. You can choose from several flavors of milk shake and you will never be disappointed. They are thick, sweet and the perfect size.

Overall, Which Wich is a complete win. It is an alternative way to order a custom sandwich. I strongly recommend the shop, though it can be a little expensive. A sandwich and drink meal averages $10.

Four out of four stars.
Location: 554 Westport Rd #100, Kansas City, MO