Tube Socks and Sports Bras: Pre-Season

By Cassie Florido

Why tube socks and sports bras? Well, that’s basically 90 percent of my wardrobe. Tube socks and sports bras. All day, everyday. You may think I’m joking, but I’m dead serious.

Sports have been a part of my life ever since I could walk. Spending late nights in the gym and having the nickname “gym rat” was what my childhood years consisted of. I think I spent more time at the school gym than I did in the actual school. Me and sports just go together. We’re kind of a package deal. If I could marry sports, I would. But that might be a little weird, so I’ll hold off on that.

From an early age I started to become obsessed with sports. I grew up bleeding black and gold, so obviously STA was a perfect fit. And I’d be lying if I said that I have never cried over a Mizzou game (see Mizzou loss to Norfolk State). But I’ve made sure that no one mentions that game ever again in my household.

So yeah, I’m that girl that would rather talk sports instead of what dress I’m going to wear to Teresian. I’d rather spend my Saturday nights in my TV room yelling during games, because of course the players can hear me through the screen. While some girls watch reality TV shows late at night, I fall asleep to the soothing sounds of ESPN. Sports is just my comfort zone and it’s all I’ve ever known.

With this blog, I’m going to take my passion for sports and write about sports in the STA community. I may even cover the Chiefs, from time to time, if they aren’t too terrible this year. Every week, I’m going to inform STA girls about the world of sports. Because after all, I am sports and sports are me.