Valentines day for singles

For us single ladies, Valentine’s Day can be a struggle. While Valentine’s Day can seem like one of the loneliest days of the year if you’re not romantically involved, please remember, it’s just a holiday. I know some of you feel like you can’t hide from this dreaded holiday. Luckily, I have compiled a list of places to go/things to do instead of feeling sorry for yourself.

1. Stay home. This tip is one simple but easy thing to do to avoid all the negatives of VDay. Eat in and you avoid restaurants covered in balloons and confetti and couples who can’t get enough of each other.

2. Babysit for cute kids you really like. There’s nothing like a couple of cute toddlers to get your mind off of Valentines. They have the right attitude about Valentine’s Day, and although I’m sure several of them are lucky enough to be in a grade school relationship, talking to them will make you feel better about being single. Not to mention, their parents will be more than grateful for a night out.

3. Have a party. Invite over all your girlfriends who don’t have boyfriends and watch a horror movie and scare yourself so much that having a boyfriend seems unimportant compared to how scared you are.

4. Or, if you want to celebrate the holiday without a significant other, go see a Valentine’s Day movie. My suggestion would obviously be “The Vow”, it looks to be amazing. “Valentine’s Day” is another obvious movie choice.

5. If you’re a senior, check out 96.5 The Buzz’s free Valentines Day concert at the Midland featuring The Lonely Forest and Middle Class Rut. You have to be 18 to get in and it takes place on February 10 instead of Feb 14, but it’s free.

Your Valentine’s Day is sure to be amazing, just remember to spend it with people you love, whether it’s friends, family, or a boyfriend.