Goodbye, Dart

Well this is it. Da end. I’ve already graduated and gone through class day and done the senior prank (I know, I know, it was sweet.) Now it’s only appropriate that I’m writing my Dart senior column late. So I feel like I’ve already said all my goodbyes–but what to say to the Dart?

Well first, I want to thank the Dart for connecting me to STA. I’ve absolutely loved my time at St. Teresa’s and I feel like I would not have had such a close relationship with the school if not for the Dart.

While I’ve not covered many topics while reporting for the Dart, I’ve enjoyed all my time. In fact, I’ve only written about three stories on topics that were not related to sports. One was on the new grading system, one was on senior exemptions, and one was on scarves. I don’t know how I got assigned to write a fashion story (did anyone see my outfit on the Ground Breaking day?) but I did it gladly!

Because I was frequently assigned to sports stories and my position as the Sports Editor, I’ve been given the nickname of sports girlĀ by fellow staffer Laura Neenan (what up my artsy girl!). I’ll miss all my the staffers and I’ve enjoyed spending time and working with all of you! I just wish that I could have had class time with all of you but these new schedules did not allow it–but that’s another story…or should I say another column?

The only frustrating part of Newspaper was the Harry Potter project that Kirsty McGhie and I tried and failed at. I didn’t even want to bring that up because it still makes me mad so that’s all I have to say about that (what movie?).

Finally, goodbye Mr. Thomas! You truely are an amazing teacher! I definitely realized how great you are when we went to the NSPA convention and attended sessions taught by college journalism teachers. These teachers were discussing styles and methods that we learned in our first week of journalism! I feel fully prepared to participate in any form of journalism in college, if I choose.

So, thank you Dart! I”l definitely come back to visit the publication room (when I walk in I’m sure I’ll be bombarded by Mr. Thomas’ MU basketball–which has already happened too many times) and my seat in the front left corner of the room. I’ll miss late night singing sessions at publication nights and the hypothetical question of the night! I can’t wait to see how the print and web papers progress.