Senior lists aspects of STA she will miss

‘Hey, STA.’ It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in Ms. Dolan’s advisory on my first day of high school, listening to midday announcements for the first time. I would have never imagined that four, very short years later, I would be sitting here, on my netty, pouring out my heart and soul in my farewell to STA.

I can’t believe it’s all over. I’m not ready to leave yet. In the words of Mary Jeanne Thompson (age 3): “I don’t wanna be big.” I don’t want to say: ‘I went to St. Teresa’s Academy’ rather than my usual, proud ‘I go to St. Teresa’s Academy’ every time someone comments on my class ring.

I’ll miss putting on my tartan plaid skirt every morning, and searching for my black sweater in the trunk of my car on formal uniform days.

I’ll miss Chick-fil-a Fridays, star cookies, and having a freshman in my advisory pretend she has a shadow so I can enjoy some Waldo pizza (sorry, Mrs. Hudnall).

I’ll miss hanging out in Drummond’s office and answering the phone in Berardi’s.

I’ll miss screaming ‘WHAT DO WE EAT?’ as a Spartan or avaSTAR at all the Sion games.

I’ll miss snuggling with Critter in Zahner.

I’ll miss trick-or-treating in Nan’s Cave and playing with Terry and Joan.

I’ll miss crawling around the tunnel under Donnelly.

I’ll miss changing ‘in the mix’ to ‘in da mixx.’

I’ll miss Mr. Thomas changing ‘in da mixx’ back to ‘in the mix’ before we export.

I’ll miss not having to shave my legs or shower on a regular basis.

I’ll miss singing ‘Alleluia’ out the third floor of M&A open window.

I’ll miss even more seeing the faces of girls in the quad when they see me singing ‘Alleluia’ out the open window.

I’ll miss sneaking up to the graffiti room, nuggeting girls’ backpacks while they’re in the bathroom and reading Sophia Garozzo’s old SBRs at advisory parties.

I’ll miss walking into Mr. Fast’s class every Friday and asking: ‘Can we just mess around?’ I’ll miss prank calling Mr. Fast in my frees. I’ll miss watching Mr. Fast’s reactions to Betsy Tampke’s farts during class. I’ll just say it’”I’ll miss Mr. Fast.

I’ll miss those philosophical discussions about how gingers will be the next discriminated group and how public schools are just so…weird.

I’ll miss running around with Little Cletus.

I’ll miss laughing out loud with Ms. Dolan.

I’ll miss Student Productions, Dancing with the Stars, Spain trips, cross country rides to State, eating grapes off the vine at lacrosse games and morning tailgates.

I’ll miss senior vs. junior kick ball games.

I’ll miss yard days.

I’ll miss attempting to crowd surf at Mikey Needleman concerts.

I’ll miss watching the entire student body jam to ‘Black and Yellow’ and ‘Party at STA.’

I’ll miss the inspiring teachers who have made me want to come to school every day and learn.

I’ll miss kissing and hugging the seal on my last day of high school.

But most of all, I’ll miss the genuine friendships, the support system, the sisterhood. I’ll miss the love that every student has for our school and for each other. I’ll miss it all. But despite the fact that I am moving on to college, part of me will stay. As I walk out of the doors of M and A today for the last time, I’ll leave behind my heart. And my heart will stay here at STA forever. I’ll miss you, STA. I love you, STA. So long, STA.