We could all learn something from my girl, Snooki

I’ve listened to you mimic her. Make fun of her mannerisms and sayings. Comment on her clothing. Harp on her partying style. And I’ve kept my mouth shut. I’ve never said anything in response. But when you start judging me for being a fan? THAT is where I draw the line.

No longer will I be silent. YES, I am a Snooki fan. YES, I love her. YES, I watch Jersey Shore. So get off me.

Since when was loving the cute, little meatball a sin? Snooki isn’t a bad person by any means at all. Sure, everything that comes out of her mouth is somewhat ridiculous. But it’s also hilarious. Snooki has a great sense of humor’”I’d take her as my friend any day to make me laugh. Maybe on the surface she seems like a ditzy airhead (and sometimes she is), but she’s actually a clever girl. Who else would have thought to put cottage cheese in the Situation’s bed as a prank? Not many other girls, that’s for sure.

If you have never watched the show before, you need to especially keep your mouth shut about my girl, Snooki. I guarantee if you sit through one hour of Jersey Shore you will be entertained for the rest of the week. Not only that, but you will fall in love with Snooki. She may have a trashy exterior, but she really does have a kind heart. Watch her share stories and jokes at Sunday dinner with her Jersey Shore family or punch a girl in the face at Karma for trash talking JWoww. If Snooki was as bad of a person as you think she is, she would never display these random acts of kindness.

On that note, we could all learn something from Snooki. She’s fun, hilarious, sweet, and outgoing. She’s the life of the party. She doesn’t have a care in the world–except when she is stressing about finding her juicehead, tan, Italian husband. She’s her own person, and doesn’t care what people think. We would all be better off with a little bit more Snooki in us. You can hate on her all you want, but at the end of the day Snooki will make you look like a fool’”she doesn’t care what you say about her.

However, I do. I’m sick of all the haters. If you don’t know her, leave her alone. And leave me alone too. I like Snooki. And as she said it in her book’”I mean novel’”’freakin’ sue me’ (page 24; Yes, I’m reading it). Stop making your rude comments and remarks. And stop giving me dirty looks when I pull out ‘A Shore Thing: A Novel by Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi’ during my free for some leisure time. Just get over it and embrace your inner Snooki. Love her or hate her, it’s still an obsession.