I Challenge You: Week Seven Challenge

I do not know about you, but for me this was the first challenge that I completed subconsciously. I had not realized how easy it is to only eat meat once a day. In fact, there were some days when I did not eat meat at all. However, the key word there is some days. I think it will be a little more difficult to go vegetarian for seven days straight. So a reminder if you have forgotten this week’s challenge, it is to be vegetarian for a week.

This will not be my first attempt at becoming a vegetarian. I like the idea of not eating meat in order to save animals, but some how I always find an excuse to abandon my meatless ways. At the beginning of my sophomore year, I was a vegetarian for two months. However, I gave it up after I felt super, super weak due to lack of protein. Let that be a warning to you that during this challenge you will need to maintain a steady consumption of protein.

I assume this will be our most difficult challenge yet, so rather than give you ways to make the challenge more intense, I will provide you with tips on how to complete this challenge successfully:

• Get your protein!  This is easy to do, but also very necessary.  Visit womenfitness.net to learn about ways to get your protein without eating meat.
  • Go out to eat.  Many of the restaurants you already go to offer great meatless options.  Think Chipotle, Noodles and Co., and the Mixx.
  • Represent all food groups.  Just because you are not consuming meat does not mean that you only have to eat vegetables.  Having some variety in your diet is something everyone should practice, vegetarian or not.

This challenge will be hard, but it can still be fun! Try new foods and new recipes. Make this week enjoyable. Who knows, maybe you will enjoy this challenge so much that you actually become a vegetarian. So let’s go out this week, adopt a vegetarian lifestyle, and conquer this challenge!

How did the Week 7 challenge go for you?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.