Fame-seeking father attempts to dictate this blog

As I began blogging, I initially worried my normally reserved family would object to the invasive publicity of this blog. However, a conversation I had with my dad the other day proved those worries wrong.

He was chastising me for spending too much money these past couple of months.

I explained to him that it wasn’t really my fault, I just had had an expensive fall with Teresian, concerts and gas sucking my wallet clean. He laughed. So sympathetic, right?

Suddenly, his eyes widen, and he says to me, ‘You should blog about this!’

Confused and agitated, I snap, ‘Blog about what?’

‘Fiscal responsibility!’ my dad exclaims, so proud of the idea.

‘Listen to yourself,’ I say. ‘No one is going to want to read about ‘Ëœfiscal responsibility.’ I’m not going to blog about that.’

‘Just imagine it,’ my dad says. ‘You could write ‘ËœMy dad was talking to me about fiscal responsibility the other day, and I learned a lot from him. He’s so smart.”

Then, I see through his ploy.

He just wanted me to blog about him! Fiscal responsibility didn’t matter as much as the fact that he was the one so wisely preaching it to me.

This instance is proof positive that fame (even on a small scale like this blog) can go to your head.

I realize that although I rejected my dad’s idea of blogging about fiscal responsibility, I ended up giving him exactly what he wanted: a blog all about him.