Holiday confusion

Holiday confusion

It is the end of Halloween night, the leaves are still changing, the weather is still pretty cool, children are going to bed after a long evening of eating candy and costume fun. Midnight rolls aroundandBAM here comes the Christmas music. Confused? Me too. Last time I checked Advent didn’t start until the beginning of December, Christmas Eve wasn’t until December 24, and Jesus’ birth wasn’t until December 25.

So why are we already playing Christmas music on the radio? Star 102.1, you are crazy. I am sorry if I am offending any of you ‘Christmas enthusiasts’, but playing music this early is absolutely ridiculous.

I am in no way an Ebeneezer Scrooge and yes, I do believe in Santa Claus. I love Christmas music… but just not yet. Wait until the pumpkins are put away, the leaves have all fallen, and I get my winter coat out. I want to hear Christmas music when I am bundled up in my car, seeing the first snow fall, or opening my book to study for my first semester finals.

Drag out listening to the holiday music even after Christmas is over if you, New Year’s Eve is still okay to be ‘decking the halls.’ There is plenty of time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve to get all of the Christmas music you can handle.

So please Christmas enthusiasts, don’t be too offended when I tell you to turn the Christmas music off. When the actual holiday season starts coming around, I will be cranking up the 98.1 and 102.1 and rocking out to ‘Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer’ and Christmas music will be blowing out my brains… just not yet.