R.I.P. Critter, our campus cat forever

[simage=189,160,n,left,]

Today, STA mourns the loss of our beloved campus kitty, Critter. News reached Windmoor early this morning that Critter passed away late last night while trying to cross a busy street. Critter had been missing from campus for a few weeks, due to the arrival of a new campus feline and annoyance–a tubby, black cat named Lil’ Bits. Although many blame Lil’ Bits for disappearance and death, the Dart will take this time to honor a campus legend.

To our beloved Critter–

Thanks for wandering into Goppert Center that cool, October morning just three, short years ago. Thank you for continuing to come back and watch over us. Thanks for patroling the hallways of the M&A and dodging Security Bob just to protect us. Thanks for greeting us as we walked into the doors of Donnelly. Thanks for letting us grab you, pet you, and cuddle with you. Thanks for shimmying up trees, climbing down sewers, and sprawling out in the middle of the Quad during yard days. Thanks for the laughs; thanks for the memories.

[sthumbs=215|214|208|207|206|199|198|193|192|191|190|213|212|211|210|205|204|203|202|197|196|195|194|189|188|187|186,48,9,n,center,]

You truly are the embodiment of STA. What will our campus be like without you? We really can’t imagine. We’ll miss you every day, and you will never be forgotten. You are our pet, our friend, our brother–and forever you will stay in our hearts. You will never lose the title of ‘campus kitty.’ We love you, Critter. Farewell.

A memorial service for Critter will take place tomorrow, Friday, October 28, at 7 a.m. in the Quad.

Comment below with your favorite Critter memories.