Senior gifts, an STA tradition

Senior gifts, an STA tradition
by Cassie Florido

One of the many traditions at STA is advisories presenting their seniors with senior gifts. Underclassmen in the advisory spend hours making homemade gifts or collecting money to buy their gifts. Senior gifts are always unique to every advisory.

Some advisories buy things that will be beneficial to seniors in college, and some buy gifts to help seniors remember their time at STA.

This year some of the advisory gifts included magic bullets (a blender used to chop and blend foods such as fruits and vegetables) , scrapbooks, personalized mason jars and items from the Star Shop.

According to senior Jamie Seibert, senior gifts are a time for the advisory to reward the graduating seniors for their hard work and time they put into making the advisory a home away from home.

Senior Katie Daniels said senior gifts are an important tradition at STA.

“[Senior gifts] serve as a final thank you to the seniors,” Daniels said. “The seniors act as role models throughout the year and I think senior gifts are a way to show them appreciation for their guidance.”

Senior Sabrina Salerno said her senior gifts reflected the closeness in her advisory.

“I think the seniors in my advisory taught our girls well,” Salerno said. “My advisory darlings love each other.”

However, Salerno does not think that senior gifts are as important as some people make them out to be.

“Yes, gifts are always great, but my [advisory sisters] have always been the highlight of my day,” Salerno said. “Spending time with them is the best gift a senior could ask for.”