Mind, Body, Soul

MIND
To focus your mind on the brink of breaking down, use the ‘Ëœfive more’ rule. When you are tempted to give up, this will help you mentally push through frustration. Read five more pages. Run for five more minutes. Try five more math problems. Study five more vocabulary words. Wash five more dishes. By getting through this frustration, you will increase your mental stamina.

BODY
Watching TV while eating prohibits our body from stopping when we are full. Thus, mindless TV watching leads to mindless eating. A recent University of Toronto study proved that one eating and watching TV simultaneously can consume an average of 228 more calories in 30 minutes. This may not seem like a lot, but doing this four times a day could increase your calorie intake 50 percent. Turn off the TV, eat less, and feel better!

SOUL
Find an inspirational quote or picture of something happy, your dream job or your hero. Putting it in a spot you see everyday (above your bed, next to your mirror or in your locker) will cause you to think about it more often. By having a visual idea of your goals, whether they are five days away or five years away, you will be motivated to work towards them. You will constantly remind yourself of what you want in life and will think of new ways to get there.