BETSY BUZZ: Oh you think that’s embarrassing? Yeah I can top it…

At this moment, my time would probably be better spent reviewing the documents I am supposed to be referencing in my lit timed writing… but I am sitting in front of a computer behind the journalism partition, and I can hear people “singing” (screaming) in the quad, and i had to miss activity today.

All these I feel are just reasons for me to ignore my academia and write a blog…. my own little person rebellion by doing…. more school work… okay… yeah. This doesn’t make sense but I really don’t want to study for lit right now.

True confessions….. after typing that up I forcefully shut off my computer and reviewed the documents again. But my efforts to write a very mediocre essay were kind of thwarted by MGMT blaring from the quad up through the open window in Mr. Fast’s room.

Anywayyyyy my blog topic today….. Ah yes I remember now.

STORY TIME!

Out of the many embarrassing stories that have occurred in my life (getting lost literally walking across a hallway in a cruise ship, forgetting that I indeed had not been to Europe but that Bella Swan had, face planting in an effort to catch a chirs cake, and farting in Mr. Fast’s class…. just to name a few). I have decided to share a rather special one that happened at the one and only Planet Sub (my place of employment for almost a year).

I was closing with, now a close personal friend, Trigg. Now before Trigg and I became besties, you know called each other on the phone every night, shared our secrets, and went paint balling together. Things were ummmmmm a little awkward between us.

After a very strange night of closing with him and fellow employee Kandas it was finally time to do our final jobs. You see when you close Planet Sub you have a list of chores to do before you can walk out the door, these include such tasks as: Stock chips, Clean bathrooms, take out trash, feed dragon, etc. Usually we divide it up among the three closers.

My personal purgatory is stocking chips. Which means you have to jump up in the air and knock a box of chips down and then fill the row with those types of chips and repeat until your back hurts and everyone working has needed to use the cramped hallway where the chips are as may times as possible….. I would elaborate but talking about this is painful.

My second least favorite is cleaning the bathrooms. Do I need to even explain why this is horrible? Just to paint a picture of it, one time Rachel and I were working and someone clogged the toilet. Like really, really clogged the toilet. Of course Rachel doesn’t know how to use a plunger so…..

Alright yeah so this one particular night after we divided up the chores I managed to snag taking out the trash (the easiest job by far). After jumping up in the air and giving a solid fist pump (but only one because more than that would be soooo tacky), I decided to get to work.

Step one: Switch out all of the bags in the front (two trash cans) and in the back (three trash cans). I could describe this process but unless you are from mars you probably know what it entails. (And if perchance you are from mars please contact me because I have a lot of questions for you and an “I love earth” T-shirt from Buster that might help you blend in a little).

Step two: Take all of the trash bags out of the store and dump them in the dumpster…behind the store…. isolated… where no one could hear you scream… Because taking the trash out is usually one of the last things we do it is almost always dark also.

On that night I decided to put on a brave face and divide that task into two trips. I grabbed half of the bags and started walking to the dumpster. Staying as far away from it as possible I hurled a bag at the open lid of the dumpster, because frankly I am scared that someone is living in it and if I get to close they will grab me and pull me under. After successfully sinking both bags in the trash recepticle, I turned around and started walking back towards the door.

And that is when I started to hear the foot steps.

Steps right behind me.

Steps coming after me.

Far to scared to turn around and look, I started to walk faster.

The steps got faster.

I broke out into a full on run.

THE STEPS STARTED RUNNING!

I made it to the back door in a full on sprint and slammed the door behind me. Then after I breathed for a minute I realized that the “cage” the dumpster is in creates echos…..

So basically I was running away from my own foot steps…

Yeah. I am an idiot.

But I also thought it was hilarious.

Not wanting to be greedy with my comedic fortune, I quickly flagged down Trigg and told him the whole story. This is how the scene played out…

BETSY: ….. SO IT TURNS OUT! I WAS RUNNING FROM MY WN FOOTSTEPS THE WHOLE TIME! [begins to laugh at herself]

TRIGG: [gives blank stare]….. oh…. welll….. thats embarrassing [does not laugh or smile]

BETSY: Well… it is now… [awkwardly walks away]

The worst part of the story is that even though I knew I was running from my own echo I was still too scared to take the rest of the trash out….. so I had to ask Trigg to do the rest of it.