SPIRITUALITY: Have a heart to heart

Hey, guys. This blog is especially for you seniors out there. I’m not sure if you realized…but uh…we’re kind of leaving…pretty soon here. Next week is our last week of school. And then it’s a few short months until most of us leave home. And that means leaving family.

I’m not sure where everyone is in the family department. Some of us are closer than others; that’s obvious. But despite all that, I encourage you to sit down with your mom, your dad, your little brother, whoever and just have a conversation.

Last night I talked to my mom for the first time in a long time. We just sat in my car (I find that parents love to trap us there) and talked for an hour in a dark garage. It was so refreshing.

I think being honest with your parents is so important– especially before going off to college. You want to be in a good place with them. It’s the same way with siblings. And when will you get another chance to have a little heart to heart?

I say take advantage of the time you have. Consider having that talk about where you’re at in life. Trust me, it’s a conversation that’s worth an hour of your time.