Blogging Boys: Secretly hot guys

Actor Thomas Mann, the epitome of secretly hot. He’s not hot until you see him be adorable and really, really cool in “Project X.” photo by MCT Campus
by Shaeffer Smith

Have you ever met a guy and you’re like “OMG he is literally SOOOOOOOOO hot I’M OBSESSED WITH HIM!!!!” then you talk to him and you’re like, “Okay, now I’m bored. You’re 10 points less attractive now that you opened your mouth?” I have. It’s disappointing. But one of the best things is seeing a guy and initially judging his appearance as “eh” but then getting to know him and upon further consideration, you come to the conclusion that he is, in fact, hot.

That’s why you should never judge a book by its cover.

I’ve been told before that I have a “weird” taste in guys. I’m not sure if this is because I have a too specific type or no type at all. I like boys, that’s all I know. I don’t discriminate (unless they’re ugly). So maybe that’s what more people should be like- if there’s even the slightest hint that you may be physically attracted to a guy, give him a chance. Not like a real chance, but at least talk to him, because the following qualities can make an “eh” guy an “OW OW” guy.

Funny. Boys who are entertaining and have a sense of humor aren’t hard to find, but a boy who is legitimately funny and makes you laugh, now that’s hot. It is on everyone’s “must-have” list for traits in a guy. So when you see a guy who’s roughly a “6” at first glance, but you realize he’s actually hilarious, he can get up to maybe even an “8”…which is almost a “10”…

Genuine. Sometimes it’s hard to find a guy who is real, like doesn’t play games with you, is open, confident and easy going. When you find someone who is comfortable being themselves- instant turn on. It’s a trait that everyone should have, and when you find a guy who is himself, he’s a catch for sure.

Okay, let’s talk about the elephant in the room….Foreign. I wonder if it’s the exotic-ness or the accent, but either way foreign guys are better. Even if he’s just kind of cute, hearing he’s from England or wherever makes him like ten times more attractive. Am I right, mate?

Musician. But actually though. Take Hoodie Allen for example. Coming from me, the least picky person ever when it comes to boys, I don’t really think he is that cute. Maybe he doesn’t fit my very broad type, I don’t know, all I know is that if I saw him walking on the street, I’d probably do a double take, but not a triple, if you know what I mean. But if for some reason I ended up talking to him and was thinking “Eh your face doesn’t appease me very much,” but then I found out he was a musician (especially a rapper) I would immediately think “OMG please marry me you are so hot I love your face!”

Okay, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t go on rants about my ideal guy (a funny, genuine, foreign musician). But I guess there can be a point to this other than I have extremely unrealistic standards for my ideal guy as opposed to my lack of standards for any boy at the moment… Oh yeahhhh, give the kind of cute boy a chance. If there was even a thought for a moment, there could be something very real there! Just get to know him, attractiveness isn’t just what you see (even though that’s about 90 percent of what we actually care about), it’s also about personality and compatibility. The “eh” guy could be your ideal personality, and as long as he’s not hideous, why not? Right?