Here I am Jord: Life from down here

by Jordan Berardi

This is supposed to be an introduction to my weekly blog, and I swear I will do that after I say one thing: whoever dropped their purple Bic pen in the hallway of the third floor of Donnelly, I have it and don’t come looking for it.

I feel the true start of this introduction should be an explanation of the name of my blog. “Here I am Jord” started out as my Twitter name, given to me by Sabrina Redlingshafer. Anyway, the namesake of this blog is based on the ever exciting church tune, “Here I am Lord.” It’s probably my favorite church song…under “Yes Lord, Yes Lord” and “On Eagles Wings” and, okay, “Were You There?” is a classic. Whatever, the point is my blog title is based solely on my love for that song.

My middle name is Marie, just like ninety-six percent of you. My first name is Jordan, just like one other person in this school (casual Moodle stalk, judge me not). My last name is Berardi, just like the lady that works in the front of M&A. She makes me dinner sometimes and does my laundry, but we aren’t related.

Anyway, this blog is going to be updated weekly, each time with a new subject. My goal is to outline all the weird, unusual, odd things about me. Maybe someday (in the near future) we can all walk around this campus flaunting our quirky qualities…within reason. If they’re potentially socially wounding, I wouldn’t. Just to be safe. For example, if you have chronic bad smelling feet, don’t tell me that. Well wait, who am I kidding? The only reason I used that as an example is because I just took off my shoe and it smells absolutely wretched. So share away, no judgment is passed on my end.

I’m going to try to feature one of you at the end of each of my entries. If at any time in the course of the year you feel the urge to reveal one of your odd characteristics, feel free as a bird to clue me in. I would totally put my phone number on here, but based on the amount of boys who will read this, I’d like to keep my phone number closed to potentially dangerous suitors. But seriously, hit me up (hmu).

Oh, and about that lady in the front of M&A and I not being related? Yeah, she bore me seventeen short years ago at Baptist Medical Center (yes, I did just yell down to her “Mom, what hospital was I born at?” She’s watching the news right now.)