Mind Body Soul

by Mickey Redlingshafer

Mind

Next time you’re stressed out, sit in quiet and begin to focus. According to INC Magazine, being quiet can give you power and can even make you a better leader. Testing center moderator Jennifer Petree believes a quiet area for test takers is important too.

“Giving yourself quiet time allows you to focus and be productive with your task at hand,” Petree said.

Body

Next time you want to try a new workout, try tennis. According to the United States Professional Tennis Association, tennis is a sport you can play for a lifetime. Tennis also improves physical fitness, like flexibility and leg strength. According to sophomore varsity tennis player Kathleen Connor, tennis is a sport she will continue to play for her whole life.

“I play tennis because it is a stress reliever and I enjoy it,” Connor said. “I don’t even notice I’m working out [when I am playing], and I know I will be able to play [tennis] for the rest of my life.”

Soul

Next time you’re in a bad mood, sing. According to Yahoo, singing is good for the soul; it improves moods and eases tension in the brain or muscles. Junior Elena Spaulding says she loves singing in church.

“People say [church] singing is praying twice, and I love singing,” Spaulding said. “[Singing] brings me closer to God, and I’m happy it’s a talent God has given me.”