Principal Barbara McCormick travels to China

By Barbara McCormick, Principal for Academic Affairs.

St. Teresa’s Academy is expanding curriculum offerings and developing global partnerships that will prepare students for the 21st century. In an effort to support this endeavor I was selected as a candidate for the K-12 Chinese Bridge Delegation, a program developed by The Hanban / Confucius Institute and The College Board.  I will be traveling to China to visit schools and learn more about the Chinese culture with stops in Beijing and Tianjin.  I will have an opportunity to learn first hand about Chinese education, language, and culture. Conversations with Chinese leaders, teachers, principals, and students will provide me the opportunity to learn more about the best practices and resources beneficial to supporting our Mandarin Chinese language program. This journey provides the St. Teresa’s community  an opportunity to develop a relationship with students from another country; therefore, expanding our footprint in today’s global society. I look forward to updating you on my travels and am hopeful that technology will be accessible. Check back later to see if I have arrived in Beijing!