Sister, Sister: Famous Sisters

Sister, Sister: Famous Sisters

By Allison and Natalie Fitts

It may surprise you to find out that we aren’t the only famous sisters in the world. The celebrity world is full of them: Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen, Venus & Serena Willaims, and Elle & Dakota Fanning just to name a few. Today, we are going to talk about some of our favorite sisters and how they compare and contrast to us. Allison will type in orange and Natalie will type in blue.

Tia and Tamara Mowry

If you had a childhood, you would have recognized by now that our blog is named after Tia and Tamara Mowry’s hit show “Sister, Sister.” This was a show that Allison and I often watched on our lazy summer days. 

These two were the original inspirations for our blog; well, them and their TV show mom, Lisa. I am the more mature, responsible sister, like Tia. 

I am the crazier one, like Tamara. If Allison weren’t apart of this blog, I would pretty much go insane. However, I am also responsible, so I have the best of both worlds.

I would agree with you on that. Each of us are a little bit of both Mowry sisters. “Sister, Sister” was a great show; their TV movie “Twitches”, not so much.

But just like us, all sisters have their faults.

Kate and Pippa Middleton

These sisters rose to fame earlier this year when Kate became engaged to Prince William. However, it was Pippa, the younger one (like me), who stole the show at the Royal Wedding in April. The following day, everyone was talking about Pippa, not the bride. So HA!

First of all, assuming that I am Kate, I have to support her (me). She was obviously the center of attention on that day as future queen. And I also have to stand up for Kate’s looks. She is gorgeous, but Natalie basically called her ugly when she said, and I quote, “I’ll be Pippa because, you know, she’s the sexy one.” Huge slap in the face to Kate and I.

All I was implying was that the media labeled Pippa the “hot one,” while Kate is the “pretty one.” Don’t kill the messenger. Plus, Pippa is the younger one, so I thought I would be her, naturally.

We’re both prettier anyway, so it doesn’t even matter.

Aly and AJ Michalka

There is so much to say about this pair. Their music was rocking in the opinion of my 7th grade self. Their Disney Channel original movie “Cow Belles” was cinematic gold.

And their poses in pictures are obviously wonderful, as seen above. Out of all the sisters we’ve talked about, we are most similar to Aly and AJ. Here’s a list of reasons why:

• Same names as us: Aly is actually Alyson, like me. And obviously, AJ is short for Natalie.
  • They have a music career: Unlike their career, ours is imaginary. We always talk about an electronic band we are going to create, but it has yet to occur.
  • We both have hair: ours is brown; theirs is blonde.
  • They lay on benches for fun: But we look better doing it.

Halloween is right around the corner and Sister, Sister is preparing to the max. Our special Halloween edition of the blog will have massive amounts of photos, videos and crazy anecdotes. Look for it on Tuesday, October 25, but be sure to check back next week for another, regular edition of Sister, Sister. Until next time, see ya sistas!

Who is your favorite pair of celebrity sisters?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.