Sister, Sister: Favorite Things (TV Shows)

By Allison and Natalie Fitts

As we mentioned in our first blog, we are fans of Kathie Lee and Hoda.  So today, we’re doing our first edition of Natalie and Allison’s Favorite Things, modeled after KLG and Hoda’s weekly segment. Speaking of the devils, check them out here:

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsOAFJ-ZUWs

During each edition of Natalie and Allison’s Favorite Things, we will have one joint favorite thing and then both of us will have an individual favorite thing. There will be a theme to each edition, and this one is TV shows. If you haven’t already figured it out, our favorite TV show to watch together is Kathie Lee & Hoda on the fourth hour of NBC’s Today Show.

It all started in the summer of ’09. Just trying to beat the heat, Nat and I flipped on the TV at 9:30 A.M. to watch the remaining 30 minutes of the Today Show. Admittedly, that’s the worst part because it’s just Chef So-and-So cooking dish so-and-so. But when the clock rolled around to 10 A.M. I knew our lives had changed forever…

Kathie Lee and Hoda popped up on the screen, drinking wine, and we were instantly hooked. We had never heard of Kathie Lee before, but we fell deeply in love with her. We had seen Hoda before due to her cameo at a Taylor Swift concert we attended, but when we saw her on the small screen, we fell in love all over again.

The thing that makes this show so great is the chemistry between Hoda and KLG.

And the fact that nothing ever happens.   

That too. It really is a show after my own heart, though. The 2 gals just chat about their very interesting and funny lives (sounds familiar). Kathie Lee is the advice-giving wild woman, while Hoda is the force that keeps KLG in check. They both take on each other’s roles at times, but no matter the day, they always complement each other like no other pair I’ve ever seen on TV before.

While we could talk about our love for KLG and Hoda-woman all day, it is time for me to announce my current favorite TV show…Dance Moms. It airs on Lifetime on Wednesdays at 9 P.M.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_CI7_N6MWM

That lovely woman wearing a black t-shirt and yelling at everyone is Abby Lee Miller, the owner of the studio that this hilarious show is filmed at.

The show centers around a group of 6 to 13-year-old girls who dance up to 6 hours a day and have lunatics for mothers. Abby Lee is quite the lunatic herself. I don’t think I’ve ever heard her speak in a tone besides yelling. Sometimes I get that “Toddlers and Tiaras” feeling in which I’m concerned for the children, but then Abby Lee appears on the screen and joy is restored to my being.

I must applaud you on your show selection. The first time you showed it to me, I literally LOLed every 5 minutes. I am conflicted on who’s side to take in the constant struggle of Abby Lee vs. the moms, but as of now, I have to go with the moms.

That is until you meet Minister Dawn…

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veumJ8a8NOg

I honestly don’t think I can top that high-energy showdown between a dance teacher and a religious leader, but I’m going to try with my favorite show of the moment, Happy Endings.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL_35aT_GK0&feature=channel_video_title

The show follows a group of six 20 and 30-somethings living in the city. I really enjoy it because the situations they are put in are normal (blind dates, gross bathrooms, self-defense class), but the way they handle them is oh so funny. Check it out on ABC on Wednesdays at 8:30 P.M., right before you watch “Dance Moms.”

I’ve only seen this show a couple times, but it seems pretty rocking, so I’ll have to check out this season.

Now, thanks to us, you have some awesome new shows to watch. Also, here is the form to apply for a future “Sister Shoutout” segment on our blog. Until next time, see ya sistas!