Sister, Sister: Personal Injuries

Sister, Sister: Personal Injuries

By Allison and Natalie Fitts

Welcome to the first entry in the Sister, Sister Blog!

We are Allison (senior) and Natalie Fitts (sophomore). We are sisters and this is our story…

Ok, this isn’t as dramatic as it seems. Really the whole point of this blog is to tell funny stories about our sisterhood. Along the way we will also have 2 special segments that we do occasionally. The first is called “Sister Shoutout,” where we highlight another pair (or trio) of sisters at STA. Check back for the extensive application process soon! The second special segment is called “Natalie & Allison’s Favorite Things,” modeled after “Kathie Lee & Hoda’s Favorite Things” from the fourth, and best, hour of the Today Show. We will talk about things we like at the moment and possibly argue with each other, so that should be exciting.

To make things easier, we are each going to type in a different color when we are talking. Natalie will write in blueAllison will write in orange. When we are both talking, black will be used.

Without further ado, our first topic of discussion is personal injuries we’ve inflicted on each other.

The earliest injury I can remember took place at a neighborhood garage sale. It was a beautiful day, but somehow precious little Allison got a hold of the Windex bottle. Apparently, my eyes didn’t appear clean enough for her, so she decided to spray a bit of glass cleaner into them. Thirty minutes later, poor, bald, baby me was still having my eyes held underneath a blasting sink faucet.

In my defense, I cried in my room for longer than your eyes were under water.

No one feels sorry for you.  I have to wear glasses for the rest of my existence because of that fateful day.

I don’t think that’s medically accurate, but we’ll let it slide because everyone will be on my side after they hear this horrifying story. Around the same time of the Windex incident of ’97, I was madly in love with our neighbor Cameron. He was short, dark and handsome; everything that a 4-year-old girl was looking for. One day, Natalie and I got into a scuffle over who Cameron was friends with, because apparently he could only have one.

I had listened to Allison’s selfishness long enough. I did what any baby would’ve done. I bit her right on her chubby, little cheeks (the ones on her face, but the other ones would probably make a better story). And may I proudly add, I hung on for a few seconds while tears began streaming down Allison’s face.

To this day, I wonder why I allowed her to do this.  She was just a bald baby.  However, in the end I won, because I was the one who kissed Cameron.

(Against his will)

[singlepic id=1659 w=320 h=240 float=center]

Years passed without any major attacks.  That is, until I lost my first tooth.  Mom was filming me holding up my tooth proudly on our Sony Video 8 Handycam.  Then barges in Natalie asking for a “nack”, which is her childish expression for “snack”.

Last time I checked, being hungry wasn’t a crime, but when it steals Allison’s shining moment, it apparently is. All I wanted was a little pack of gummies, but instead, I got a violent shove into our parents’ wooden closet doors from Allison.

[singlepic id=1661 w=320 h=240 float=left] [singlepic id=1660 w=320 h=240 float=right]

Fast forward a few years and we’re shopping in Target with our mom and grandma. It was right around Christmas time, typically the most joyful part of the year. But Allison decided to make me mad. I decided to kick her. However, my Sketchers weren’t designed for high-velocity impact, and I ended up with the bigger injury–a broken toe.

First off, I don’t even remember this, but it evens the score 2-2 when it comes to monumental injuries. Also, you got hurt, so that’s kind of funny. I must say, though, that your broken toe was never confirmed, or even looked at, by a doctor.

There you have it! Our first blog. Comment to let us know what you think and share your own sister stories.  We will be updating weekly, so follow DartNewsOnline on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook to get notifications about our blog and other STA news. Until next time, see ya sistas!

Who was more justified in hurting her sister in these incidents?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.