I Challenge You: Week Twenty-Five Challenge

I really liked last week’s challenge of organizing my closet, because all of the summer outfits I re-discovered got me so excited for the end of school (40 days)!  However, before summer break, we have Easter break at the end of this week.  We are entering the final week of Lenten resolutions, where a lot of people give up something.  I have heard everything from giving up carbs to not biting fingernails.  While those are great things to do for Lent, I offer you an additional thing to do this last week of Lent.  But instead of giving up something, I am going to have you have more of something.  Therefore, this week’s challenge is to drink eight cups of water a day.

It’s a change in pace to actually have more of something during Lent, but this challenge can really do wonders for your health and happiness!  It is recommended that a person should drink eight cups of water a day to live the healthiest they can.  Our bodies are made up largely of water, so it is crucial to our existence.  I know lots of people prefer other beverages over water, but here are some good ways to get enough/know that you’re getting enough water for the day:

• make a schedule- if you’re worried about not having enough time to drink that much water a day, it is important to plan it out.  I am planning on filling up my water bottle (three cups) once in the morning, once after lunch and once after school.  With that plan, you’ll easily get at least nine cups a day.
  • drink flavored water- soda and coffee may sound better to drink, but they have bad effects on your health.  If you can’t kick the addiction to sugary-tasting drinks, try flavored waters like Sobe, or flavored water packets that can be added to water bottle.  All of the flavor and none of the health hazards!
  • go to the bathroom- if you are drinking the right amount of water, you’ll know based on how often you have to go to the bathroom.  If you aren’t going at least once during the first four and last four class periods of the day, you are not completing this challenge.

This is a great week to really focus on your Lenten resolution, and possibly this challenge.  I think it’s a good reminder that more of a good thing can increase your happiness and health.  So let’s go out this week, drink lots of water and conquer this challenge!

How did the week 25 challenge go for you?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.