I Challenge You: Week Twelve Challenge

My greatest Sporcle achievement this week: knowing the Texaco symbol in the Corporate Logos 3 quiz. I hope all of you had the chance to try out Sporcle.com and prove that you have a lot of useless information in your heads. One of my Sporcle-devotee friends showed me a cool feature that I did not mention last week. I encourage you all to check out ‘The Daily Dose’, which gives you three games that are updated daily (Minute Morsel, Word Scramble, and Missing Word). But watch out; they are addicting.

Although last week’s challenge was fun, I am not sure that it was completely beneficial. On more than one occasion I stayed up until around 11:30 p.m. playing Sporcle. This may not sound that late, but when you consider the fact that I finished my homework around 8 p.m., it sounds a little worse. This problem brings me to this week’s challenge of going to bed by 10:30 p.m.

10:30 p.m. may sound early, but it really isn’t. I promise you that if you go straight home after school, start your homework immediately, and only stop to eat dinner you will be done with your homework by 9 o’clock. That even gives you an hour and a half of free time! More and more studies say that teenagers should get about 8 hours of sleep a night, and by doing this challenge you should get just about that. Here are some ways to make this week’s challenge even more challenging:

• try going to bed even earlier. Let’s have a contest to see who can get the most sleep. Comment below and tell us how early you can finish your homework and go to bed.
  • do your homework right after school. This takes us back to the Week Four challenge, but it might be the only way you can get this challenge done and still complete your homework.
  • wake up early. If we are following the 8 hours of sleep rule, everyone should be able to wake up at 6:30 a.m. and still have completed it. Won’t it feel good to not have to rush out of the house in the morning?

This challenge could be really great for you and your health if you try it. 10:30 p.m. should be a reasonable time to go to bed for most students, but winter athletes, you are provided with an hour and a half delay (12 a.m.) for this challenge. So let’s go out this week, go to bed early and conquer this challenge!

How did the Week 12 challenge go for you?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.