I Challenge You: Week Six Challenge

This is a re-posting of lost content.

I completed last week’s challenge everyday and loved it!  Because I read the newspaper daily, I learned about the Missouri Tigers increasingly successful football season, Justin Bieber’s new nail polish line, and a recipe for vegetarian pasta.  This recipe got me thinking about what I wanted this week’s challenge to be.  At first I thought about going all out vegetarian, but then I thought that would be too difficult.  My final decision for this week’s challenge is to eat meat only once a day.

However, do not think that you’re off the hook because next week’s challenge will be going all out vegetarian.  Before you take on the challenges of the next two weeks, please consider that this is a challenge that could alter your health (for better or worse).  Do what’s best for you and your health.  With that in mind, here are some ways to make this week’s challenge even more challenging:

• start next week’s challenge early.  Go all out vegetarian this week and have a leg up on everyone else during the next challenge.
  • research alternatives to meat.  Doing this now will be helpful when you are grocery shopping for next week’s challenge.  May I suggest my personal favorite: a spicy black bean veggie burger.
  • get your whole family in on the challenge.  The hard part is convincing them to participate, but once they do, it’ll be easier for all of you to consume less meat by working together.

Some meal ideas to think about for the next to weeks: pizza, quesadillas, pasta, PB&J, and the list goes on.  So let’s go out this week, consume less meat and conquer this challenge!

How did the Week 6 challenge go for you?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.