Stars Scoop: White House Green Room goes “green”

Stars Scoop: White House Green Room goes green

‘Tis the season to go green. Not Grinch-y, this season is environmentally friendly.

This week, the White House’s Green Room has adopted a ‘green’ theme. A volunteer staff of decorators used magazines and newspapers to create trees and wreaths. The Green Room has become environmentally conscious by reusing or recycling all the materials for decorating.

In the spirit of the season, here are some eco-friendly ways to deck the halls from greenyour.com:

1. Incorporate natural elements – Instead of fake garland, go for the real stuff (as long as you compost it after). Pinecones also double as earthy tree ornaments.

2. Make your own edible ornaments – Try cinnamon sticks, candy canes, gingerbread cut-outs and strings of popcorn or cranberries. (Note: Only the candy canes can be eaten directly off of the tree.)

3. Recycle, recycle and recycle – If you go for the real tree, check to see if your city picks them to be reused as mulch in city parks.

4. Don’t go scents-less – Lose the potpourri and non-biodegradable candles. Instead, use the scent of warm cider or set out a bowl of fresh fruit. And, as always, nothing beats the smell of fresh baked cookies.

What do you think? Will you be loving the earth this holiday season? Comment below and share your eco-friendly ideas!
Contact me at [email protected].