STAR Night welcomes Class of 2022

STAR Night was held April 26 in the Commons introducing the class of 2022 to their future advisories.

Journalism+teacher+Brad+Lewis+advisory+poses+for+a+picture+with+their+future+freshmen+April+26.+Students+met+each+other+on+blankets+in+the+Commons.+photo+courtesy+of+Jasia+Tolbert+

Journalism teacher Brad Lewis’ advisory poses for a picture with their future freshmen April 26. Students met each other on blankets in the Commons. photo courtesy of Jasia Tolbert

by Grace Fiorella, Writer

STAR Night was held Thursday in the Commons. The incoming freshmen got to meet some of their advisory sisters while having Waldo pizza. A current student talks about their experience on what it’s like to meet their future classmates.

Advisory sisters played icebreakers and get-to-know-you games with the new advisees and answered any questions they had. Future freshmen played the annual STAR Night Human Bingo. French exchange students also participated in the event.

“It was super fun and they seemed comfortable with us,” freshman from Stranz advisory Grace Effertz said. “I am excited to get to know them better.”

After eating pizza, the students and future freshmen went out on the soccer field to the left of Windmoor to learn school chants. Seniors from Spirit Club led the students in the chants. After the chants, students danced and sang along together to “Party in the U.S.A.”

The class of 2022 will be begin their high school career in the fall of next year.