Students and teachers attend March for our Lives to protest against gun violence

A group of students and teachers went to the March for our Lives located at Theis Park March 24.

by Kate Jones, Meghan Baker, and Anna Louise Sih

The March for our Lives took place March 24 and a group of teachers and students attended in solidarity with those affected by gun violence. Organized by social studies teachers Alicia Stewart, Anne Papineau, Casey O’Flaherty, language arts teacher Kate Absher and theology and campus ministry teacher Jennifer Greene, students and teachers met at Central United Methodist Church and walked to the park together.

Senior Maura Graham attended the march and was very proud to go and represent the school. For her, the march was a way to attempt to make real, concrete change about something she cares deeply about.

“I decided to march because I think that while a lot of us have gotten pretty good about sitting around and talking about ideas, we aren’t always the best at practicing and putting those ideals into action,” Graham said.

About the Writers
Kate Jones, Multimedia Editor

Hi everyone! I’m Kate Jones, Multimedia Editor of the Dart. This year is my second and, since I am a senior, final year on staff. I have many many passions...

Meghan Baker, Photo Editor

Hey everyone!  I’m Meghan Baker and I’m one of the photo editors of The Dart. I also write a food blog called A Bite of KC, so take a look at that...

Anna Louise Sih, Photo Editor

Greetings loved ones, let’s take a journey. If this is your first time ‘round these parts of town, my name’s Anna Louise Sih (like the third letter...

1 Comment

One Response to “Students and teachers attend March for our Lives to protest against gun violence”

1. Catelyn campbell on March 28th, 2018 7:40 pm

THIS IS SO GOOD GUYS!!!!

• Students and teachers attend March for our Lives to protest against gun violence

breaking news

Siabhan May-Washington named president

breaking news

Star Shop holds Christmas sale

breaking news

FBLA holds annual Christmas party

breaking news

STA hosts robotics meet

breaking news

Theater department holds auditions for “Letters to Sala”

breaking news

New extracurricular Operation Smile Club holds first meeting

breaking news

Student body attends private screening of “The Hate U Give”

breaking news

Juniors attend “Protecting God’s Children” course

breaking news

High school students make their mark on the midterms

breaking news

FBLA travels to the National Fall Leadership Conference