All school mass held for the Immaculate Conception

STA held the Immaculate Conception mass, where it was announced campus ministry is in need of new altar servers.

Students receive Holy Communion at Immaculate Conception mass Dec. 8. The mass was in the gym. photo by Trang Nguyen

by Kailee Ford, Writer

STA held an all-school mass celebrating the Immaculate Conception of Mary, a holy day of obligation. The mass was held in the gym Dec. 8.  At the prayer service, Seniors Monica Looney and Gigi Mullins made an announcement about their time altar-serving for class masses. Looney and Mullins have altar-served since grade school.

“Gigi and I went to St. Michael’s together where we previously served,” Looney said. “When we came to STA, we saw that there weren’t servers, so we asked Ms. Snyder if we could become the first servers at STA.”

Looney and Mullins have served at every class and school mass since coming to STA. The girls want this “tradition” of serving to stay alive through other girls at STA, and to do so, they sent out a survey for any student who wants to serve.

“We wanted what we started to continue, so we thought we would offer our job to others,” Looney said. “Serving means so much to us, so we really didn’t want it to discontinue once we left.”