TV Reviews from STA’s journalism students

As part of a journalism project, students created podcasts reviewing the various types of pop culture today, from Disney flicks to burger joints. Here are their music reviews.

The television show ‘Glee’ focuses on twelve kids and a teacher that all participate in high school glee club. Throughout the first season of the show the glee club faces many challenges on the road to nationals all because of cheer leading coach, Sue Sylvester.

FletcherCaitlin_Glee.mp3

Journalism student Caitlin Fletcher believes episodes of ‘Glee’ focus on life lessons. The show does this through colorful characters and hysterical themes.

‘Raising Hope’ focuses on irresponsible Jimmy Chance(played by Lucas Neff) who unexpectedly has to take in his infant daughter he fathered on a one night stand. With the help of Jimmy’s dysfunctional, but good hearted parents (Martha Plimpton and Garret Dillahunt), as well as his senile grandmother(Cloris Leachman), Jimmy is able to take on the huge responsibility of raising a baby.

EmilyWemhoff_Raising.mp3

Journalism student Emily Wemhoff believes the show ‘Raising Hope’ has an outrageous and original premise and the casting of the show was excellent. In their first big time roles, Martha Plimpton and Garret Dillahunt steal the show with their cynical humor and chemistry on screen.

‘Gossip Girl’, a popular teen drama that takes place in present day New York, traces the lives of Upper East Sides’ rich kids Blair Waldorf and friends. This show was based off of the bestselling novel ‘Gossip Girl’ by Cecily von Ziegesar.

AllisonHogan_Gossip.mp3

Journalism student Allison Hogan reviews the CW’s hit drama ‘Gossip Girl’, revealing that every week of it leaves you craving more.