Local art fair draws a crowd

The Plaza Art Fair will begin on the Country Club Plaza Sept. 24.  Two hundred and forty artists will be showcasing their work and thirty plaza restaurants will be vending food. Three music stages will feature thirty-four bands through the course of the weekend.  

Numerous STA students will be helping volunteer throughout the fair, including seniors Elise Pavicic and Amy Wendland. Volunteers at the fair do many things that help make the event a success. Throughout the weekend, volunteers will help with different activities including assisting artists in their booths, handing out programs, selling t-shirts, and helping with activities in the kids’ art workshop.

Sophomore Keara Miller is one STA student attending the fair. 

‘[My favorite part of the fair] is the large of variety of art, the music and the food,’ Miller said.  

Miller anticipates this year to have a lot of great food and modern art. 

Artists from all over the country will be displaying artwork such as pastels, fiber, glass, jewelry, metalwork and sculptures.

Sophomore Meaghan Coble also plans to attend the event. According to Coble, the fair is a fun, different atmosphere for the plaza.  

‘I look forward to just hanging out with my friends, looking around at art and eating the good food,’ Coble said.

Restaurants including California Pizza Kitchen, Ingredient, 810 Zone, Blanc Burgers and Bottles will be lining the streets among the fair.

‘[This year the fair will be] as great as any year, if not better,’ Miller said.