STA varsity basketball team loses to Bishop Miege

The STA varsity basketball team suffered a defeat from Bishop Miege High School Wednesday night.

Senior Eleanor Lueke shoots a three-pointer during a game against the Bishop Miege High School Lady Stags. The Stars lost to the Stags 47-34. photo by Kat Mediavilla

by Victoria Cahoon and Kat Mediavilla

STA’s varsity Stars basketball team lost 47-34 to Bishop Miege High School at home Wednesday night. The STA student section was filled with students of all grades in camouflage gear for the theme “stag hunting.” Originally, the game was scheduled for Jan. 19 but was postponed due to inclement weather. Before the varsity game at 7 p.m., the JV Stars lost to Miege 41-39.

“We knew it was going to be a tough game going in,” STA sophomore and varsity player Hailey Coleman said. “But we played our best, and I’m proud of the team.”

The Stars play Olathe Northwest High School this evening at 7 p.m. in the Goppert Center gymnasium.

About the Writers
Victoria Cahoon, Breaking News Editor

Hi everyone! I’m Victoria Cahoon and the current Breaking News Editor for the 2016-17 school year. I’m a junior and this is my second year on staff. I’m super excited for all the upcoming issues and working together with all the new and returning staff members. More than half of the time, I’m thinking about the latest news and how we’re gonna cover it. If I’m not thinking about the Dart (which is a very rare occurrence), I’m either grabbing food for French Club or reading any new book I can get my hands on. But I’m truly excited for the next year of writing and reporting for the Dart!

Kat Mediavilla, Web Editor of Photography

Hiya, it’s Kat Mediavilla here!

I’ll just start off by doing everyone a favor: my name is pronounced mĕd-ē-uh-vee-uh.  I am a photojournalist on the amazing Dart publication staff, and I am currently serving as Web Editor of Photography. When I’m not out and about taking pics, I can be found playing lacrosse, eating candy from the development office or binge watching The Office (#Pam&Jim4ever). Some of my passions include indulging myself in scrumdiddlyumptious McDonald’s cones (#CONEOCLOCK), jamming out to some old school Jesse McCartney or quoting the cinematic masterpiece of Napoleon Dynamite. Over the course of my years at STA, I have been very blessed and fortunate to work closely with some of the most promising and talented writers, photographers, graphic designers and editors of this publication, and I have loved every minute of my journey on the Dart staff.

In the words of Nacho Libre, “My life is good. Real good.”