Stars varsity softball team ends season with 10 wins and 11 losses

Stars end week with 2 wins and 2 losses.

by Libby Hutchinson, Staff photographer

Tuesday Sept. 29 the stars won at home against Warrensburg High School with a score of 4-3. Wednesday Sept. 30 the stars won at William Chrisman High School with a score of 16-0. Thursday Oct. 1 the varsity softball team lost at home against Notre Dame de Sion High School with a score 5-4. Thursday Oct. 8 the stars started their district semi-finals with a loss against Raymore-Peculiar High School with a score of 9-2.

“We split games last week, one against William Chrisman 16-0, then lost to Sion 4-5,”  head coach Ty Abney said. “We were pretty up and down in the games, but I think we learned quite a bit about ourselves in both. With Chrisman, we learned we can definitely put runs on people. With Sion, there wasn’t really anything we did incorrect as a team, it’s just how games workout sometimes. We hit seven or eight balls extremely hard that were right at them. Our pitching was good, our defense was good, we just didn’t catch the breaks.”

This past season the stars won at home against Ursuline Academy High School Aug. 21 with a score of 7-3. They lost at St. Joseph Academy High School Aug. 24 with a score of 7-6. The stars won at O’Hara High School Aug. 25 with a score of 19-1 and won against St. Joseph Central High School at home Aug. 27 with a score of 11-8. The stars lost at St. Pius High School Sept. 1 with a score of 6-1 and lost to Mid-Buchanan at home Sept. 2 with a score of 8-5.

They won against Grandview High School at home Sept. 4 with a score of 13-3 and the stars won against Summit Christian Academy High School Sept. 9 at home with a score of 6-2. On Sept. 11 the stars started out the Winnetonka/Park Hill South Tournament well they won against Oak Park High School with a score of 12-5 and they lost to Winnetonka High School that same day with a score of 6-4.

The next day of the tournament on Sept. 12, started with a loss against Oak Grove High School and later won against Raymore-Peculiar with a score of 7-4. The stars won against Notre Dame de Sion at home Sept. 16 with a score of 2-0. The stars played in the UCM tournament Sept. 19, their first game was a loss to Centralia with a score of 2-1 and their second game was a loss to Clinton High School with a score of 8-7. The stars lost to  Benton High School at home Sept. 23 with a score of 5-4. They lost at Belton High School Sept. 25 with a score of 3-2. They won at home against Warrensburg Sept. 29 with a score of 4-3 .The stars won against William Chrisman Sept. 30 with a score of 16-0. The stars lost at home to Notre Dame de Sion Oct. 1 with a score of 5-4. The stars ended lost in the district semi-finals to Raymore-Peculiar with a score of 9-2.