Honk for “Honk!”

[sthumbs=277|275|276|274|273|272|271|270|269|268,max,5,n,center,]

[wpvideo k1NuVo94]

Rockhurst High School sophomore Drew Jurden

Character: Ugly the Duckling – ‘He’s an ambitious child who’s full of energy, who wants people to love him, and doesn’t understand why they don’t.”

What is your favorite aspect of “Honk!”? ‘My favorite part [of ‘Honk!’] would probably be that it is a funny show. People will like it just because of the jokes, the wit and the humor.”

STA senior Ryan Tucker

Character: Ida the Mother Duck – ‘She’s extremely caring and loving of all her children, especially Ugly.”

Are there any similarities or differences between you and your character? “I think I am like Ida because I’m very mothering and I feel like I’m welcoming to other people.”

STA junior Mayme Marshall

Character: The Cat – ‘She’s very sneaky. She’s definitely the villain of the musical.’

Are there any similarities or differences between you and your character? “I’m not like my character because the Cat is very sneaky and malevolent, and I’m not an evil or really sneaky person. At least I don’t think I am.”

What should the audience look forward to? ‘Hearing Ugly’s honk.’

STA junior Mackenzie Jones

Character: Lowbutt the Chicken – “[Lowbutt] thinks she is above everyone else. She is an egotistical, fussy old woman who has a secret crush.’

What is it like being part of the cast of “Honk!”? ‘I have never done an STA show before. It is fun to get to know people you see in your classes better. It is kind of like being on a team.’

STA senior Katie Pautler

Character: The Bullfrog – ‘[The Bullfrog is] really laid back and really confident.’

What is it like being part of the cast of “Honk!”? ‘[In this cast] there are so many of us, from so many different grades, but we are still really close. Being in the show, you have to do a lot of different things where you have to make a fool of yourself, and once you watch someone else make a fool of themselves, you are friends with them.’

STA senior Allison McNaghten

Penny the Swan- ‘She’s really confident and sure of herself. She’s kind of ‘happy-go-lucky.’

It’s just a really cute show, it’s really heart-warming, fun-to-do show.’

What is it like being with the cast of ‘Honk!’?: ‘It’s just a really fun group of people, and I haven’t really done theater since I was in 7th grade. There are a lot of my friends, but then people I have gotten to know. Everyone has a lot of energy’

STA junior Christie Fletcher
Dot the Goose- “[Dot is] an ex-flight attendant airhead, who goes with the flow and loves everybody.”

What is it like being with the cast of ‘Honk!’?: ‘They’re all fun. They just like to goof off and have fun.’

RHS senior Ben Patterson
Drake the Goose- ‘[Drake] is Ugly’s father. He is basically a hick and he is the first person who makes fun of Ugly.’

What is it like being with the cast of ‘Honk!’?: ‘It’s been a lot of fun, but it can be a little taxing at times working with a bunch of girls.’

“Honk!” Showings:

Wednesday, November 10 – Saturday, November 13
Special preview performance for local elementary students on Tuesday, November 9
Ticket Prices: $7 for students, $8 for adults, children under 5 are free

‘Honk!’ Cast List

Ida Ryan Tucker
Ugly Drew Jurden
Cat Mayme Marshall
Drake/Queenie Ben Patterson
Maureen Mary Kate Duffy
Henrietta Kelly Clay
Dot Christie Fletcher
Greylag/Turkey Charlie Weitkamp
Bullfrog Katie Pautler
Grace Kate Needham
Lowbutt Mackenzie Jones
Snowy Anna Rayburn
Pinkfoot Kelsey Rodriquez
Barnacles/Father Swan Sage Mason
Maggie Pie Ruby Dibble
Penny Alyson McNaghten
Mother Swan Taylor Woodruff
Ducklings Marina Vianello
Rachel Moran
Fiona Madden
Katherine Viviano
Froglets Katy Owara
Natalie Rall
Kelly Gardella
Gabby Ferro
Kate Sanders
Madeline Cozad
Stage Manager Sarah Moran