St. Teresa’s Academy students and teachers choose favorite TV shows

“Glee”

Season: 2

Premiere date: Sept. 21 at 7 p.m. on Fox

Episode to watch for: The Rocky Horror Show episode will premiere after Halloween. Even though there has already been a Britney Spears episode, another one is planned to premiere following the Superbowl.

Special guest stars: Chord Overstreet, Charice, Britney Spears, John Stamos, Dot-Marie Jones, Meatloaf, Barry Bostwick, Gwenyth Paltrow, Javier Bardem and Carol Burnett

Spoiler: This season will focus more on the characters. Viewers will enjoy the resident character as well as meeting many new ones. Cheerio’s coach Sue Sylvester’s ex-boyfriend and mother, the always funny and ditzy Brittney S. Pierce’s smart older sister, resident Glee Club diva Mercedes Jones’ family and wheelchair bound Artie Abram’s mother will all be introduced into the ‘Glee’ family.

Fan quote: “I love ‘Glee’ because it is a show for the underdog,” junior Maddie Dang said. “I feel that I can kind of relate to some of the characters. I also love all the people’s voices and the plot line. Most of all, I love the Finn-Rachel couple.”

Viewers on premiere night in America: 12.3 million

Viewers on premiere night at STA: 322

“The Office”

Season: 7

Premiere date: Sept. 23 at 8:30 p.m. on NBC

Episode to watch for: The finale is the episode viewers never thought would happen. Steve Carell will have his last episode as Michael Scott.

Special guest stars: Jack Coleman and Creed Bratton will guest star. Kathy Bates will also make her return to “The Office.”

Spoiler: Holly will be transferred back to Scranton to sub for Toby, who is on jury duty.

Fan quote: ‘It’s really funny,’ freshman Heather Cigas said. ‘It’s a comedy. Everybody will like it because it’s funny and it makes you laugh.’

Viewers on premiere night in America: 5.4 million

Viewers on premiere night at STA: 215

“Modern Family”

Season: 2

Premiere date: Sept. 22 at 9:30 p.m. on ABC

Episode to watch for: Make sure to watch the upcoming episode where Mitch and Cam will dance an elaborate routine, that producers say will be impressive.

Special guest stars: Celia Weston, Nathon Lane, Fred Willard

Spoiler: Manny will finally be getting a girlfriend. His mother, Gloria, tries to compete with this new woman in his life for Manny’s attention. Since Manny only has one year left until being a teenager, he will try and pack many childhood activities in this one year.

Fan quote: “I like Modern Family because it is hilarious,” senior Lilly Kraus said. “It is perfect on a Wednesday night when I am stressed about school. It is literally the funniest show I have ever seen.”

Viewers on premiere night in America: 12.6 million

Viewers on premiere night at STA: 143

“Grey’s Anatomy”

Season: 7

Premiere date: Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. on ABC

Episode to watch for: Tonight’s episode will be all about awkward relationships. Derek will get an unwelcomed and unexpected visit from his daughter, Amelia.

Special guest stars: James Tupper, Ashley Crow, Camielle Chen, Chuck Hittinger, Eric James Ramey, John Walcutt and Walter Perez

Spoilers: Jackson tries to make his way up on the food chain in Seattle. Teddy will have none of this.

Fan quote: “[Thursday] is a free night and no one has any practices,” testing center moderater Jennifer Petree said. “I can just sit down and relax [while watching TV].”

Viewers on premiere night in America: 16.25 million

Viewers on premiere night at STA: 68

“NCIS”

Season: 8

Premiere date: Sept. 21 at 8 p.m. on CBS

Episode to watch for: In an emotional two-part episode in November, viewers will learn more about Eli David and another member of the team.

Special guest stars: Peter Cambor

Spoiler: Ziva will come close to her father in a dramatic facedown for the first time since her return from Israel.

Fan quote: “I love ‘NCIS’ because it’s got a great cast and a fast plot line,” freshman Katie Holt said. “They don’t have the throw-away stories where you just keep waiting for something to happen.”

Viewers on premiere night in America: 400,392

Viewers on premiere night at STA: 63

“Vampire Diaries”

Season: 2

Premiere date: Sept. 9 at 8 p.m. on the CW

Episode to watch for: In a dramatic episode, Katherine will come back for Stefan. Rose and Lucy are not planning to kill Elena, but someone else is.

Special guest stars: Natashia Williams, Tony Hale, Lana Parrilla, Michael Trevino and Taylor Kinney

Spoiler: While Bonnie and Elena will always be friends, they will not be as close as they were in season one. Their friendship will never be the same. Bonnie will finally accept Caroline as a vampire, even though it will be hard for her to come to terms with.

Fan quote: ‘[Vampire Diaries has] something for everyone,’ junior Danielle Comford said. ‘There’s a little action, dramatic twists, romance.’

Viewers on premiere night in America: 3.4 million

Viewers on premiere night at STA: 51

“Castle”

Season: 3

Premiere Date: Sept. 20 at 10 p.m. on ABC

Episode to watch for: Check out episode four when a love interest will be introduced to Beckett. Producers say Beckett’s new boyfriend will be played by someone new and exciting.

Special guest stars: Victoria Webster, Ken Baumann and Eden Reigal will guest star. There may also be an appearance by Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Spoiler: Castle and his ex-wife are back together and will date throughout the season. This comes after Beckett planned to reveal her true feelings for Castle. We will also learn more about the murder of Beckett’s mother. Castle may be a suspect in the investigation

Fan quote: “I love [‘Castle’] because it mixes drama and mystery with comedy,” sophomore Carrie Hudson said. “It’s a great blend of it all. It will satisfy your craving for a drama and for a comedy at the same time. It’s just plain addictive.”

Viewers on premiere night in America: 12.4 million

Viewers on premiere night at STA: 41