Sleepy Hollow new to ABC this fall

by Madeline Best

New to FOX this Fall is the mystery drama “Sleepy Hollow.” The show is centered around Washington Irving famous character Ichabod Crane, who, after vaguely dying in the Revolutionary War, wakes to find himself in the twenty first century. The show acts as a continuation of the famous book “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow,” written by Irving, which tells of the headless horseman causing terror in a small New England town.

For anyone unfamiliar with the story, this show is going to be extremely confusing to understand. After waking up to find himself in the modern world, Crane not only finds out the headless horseman has returned as well, but also finds himself in police custody. I mean, when you see an eccentric-looking man running around the streets of your small town he’s bound to be picked up by the police right? Crane is then unrealistically released from custody and quickly becomes a quasi sidekick to a police officer, who has made it her mission to defeat the returned headless horseman. After watching the first few episodes, I have gathered what the basic plot line of this show will be throughout the season. Although, there were so many random twists in the pilot that I’m skeptical if I will be able to keep up. In an effort to gain a larger television following, the creators of the show have thrown in things like witch covens, a corrupt police department, and the apocalypse to try and liven up Winkle’s classic American story. Will these changes captivate viewer’s attention? Only time will tell. In the meantime, Sleepy Hollow is definitely worth watching if you are willing to pay close attention and is a perfect show to be airing around Halloween.