STA varsity and JV lacrosse beat Lee’s Summit

By Christina Barton

Both the St. Teresa’s Academy Stars varsity and JV lacrosse teams beat the Lee’s Summit High School Tigers varsity and JV lacrosse teams yesterday. The varsity team beat the Tigers 9-1 and the JV team beat the Tigers 8-3.

According to senior varsity player and captain, Celia O’Flaherty, the Lee’s Summit team accidentally played their JV team against the Stars varsity team. However, about halfway through, the Tigers put in some of their varsity players as well.

The varsity team started out the game with a goal off of the first draw by senior captain Lucy Edmonds. Seniors Lizzy Imperiale, Kelly O’Byrne and Megan Hodes and junior Elizabeth Arensberg each scored a goal as well. Seniors Caroline Connor and Allison Fitts each scored two goals in the game.

The JV team also scored early in the game with a goal by freshman Sydney Hunter. Freshman Anne Nulton and sophomores Molly Laird, Grace Wells and Audrey Muehlebach each scored one goal in the game. Freshman Sydney Edmonds scored 3 goals.

The varsity team is now 3-2 and will next play Northland next Wednesday at 5:30 p.m at the Northland field.

The JV team is currently undefeated with a 5-0 record and will next play Pembroke Hill High School next Wednesday at 7 p.m at Pembroke.