Preview of the senior airbands

Preview of the senior airbands
By Katie Parkinson

Group 1: G-g-g-gen x

Group Members:

Brie Sandridge, Katie McCombs, Mary O’Leary, Brianna Casey, Theresa Murphy, and Kelly O’Byrne

Interview with Theresa Murphy

How has practice been going? “I would say its been very stressful. Because we all have our own ideas, so it took a while to be in agreement, but we did and it was great.”

What are you most excited for? “To show off our acrobatics and unique stunts that we do in the dance.”

What are you most nervous about? “Mary O’Leary’s dancing skills and Brie Sandridge’s solo.”

What would you like the audience to know? “To prepare themselves because they will never see anything as talented.”

Why did you want to be in an airband? “I always wanted to be in an airband because since freshman year I’ve looked at the airbands and thought the dancing was really fun.”

Group 2: STABDC

Group Members:

Haley Winslow, Libby Sauder, Lindsay Cook, Martha Ramirez, Alex Radtke, Danielle Comford, Molly Kaniger, and McLaren O’Rear

Interview with Haley Winslow:

How has practice been going? “It’s been going really well. It’s just hard getting everybody together and finding places to meet. We just started last week.”

What are you most excited for? “To get up there and dance. I’ve been waiting for this since freshman year.”

What are you most nervous about? “I’m nervous about getting the dance done and everybody learning it.”

What would you like the audience to know? “We’re going to be the really good group, but also the really funny group too. And we’re going to be the best.”

Why did you want to be in an airband? “I really like dancing and I thought it’d be really fun.”

Group 3: The Fat 5

Group Members:

Lane Schulte, Libby Randolph, Lydia Thomsen, Maddy Ismert, and Megan Hodes

Interview with Lane Schulte:

How has practice been going? “We haven’t really practiced that many times. We have a lot of girls and a lot of good ideas though”

What are you most excited for? “We have an awesome dancing group and I think it’ll be really fun.”

What are you most nervous about? “I’m not really that nervous for anything.”

What would you like the audience to know? “To judge us on our dancing moves because we have some really good dancers”

Why did you want to be in an airband? “Since my freshman year I remember walking out of the Christmas dance and I thought it’d be really cool to do it”

Group 4: Remember the Tartans

Group Members:

Stephanie Hampel, Alex Mediavilla, Katie Hyde, Kate Rohr, Erin Sellers, Celia O’Flaherty, and Hannah Haywood

Interview with Stephanie Hampel:

How has practice been going? “It’s hard to collaborate with seven people but it’s really fun.”

What are you most excited for? “Just being on stage and acting crazy. I remember watching the seniors do their airbands every year and it looked like so much fun. It’ll be a difference perspective this year.”

What are you most nervous about? “Remembering all the choreography. And hopefully I don’t fall off stage. It’s a small stage, so it’s a concern.”

What would you like the audience to know? “They’re going to be seeing a lot of plaid. We have Celia O’Flaherty in our group so it’ll get really crazy, and Erin Sellers will probably be doing ballet, so get excited.”

Why did you want to be in an airband? “I was like why not? It sounds like fun and I like dancing.”

Group 5: Teachers Petz

Group Members:

Kathleen Vogel, Sarah Godfrey, Trish Smith, Anna Meyers, Margot Livers, Katie Patterson, Taylor Migliazzo, and Meka Kelly

Interview with Kathleen Vogel:

How has practice been going? “It’s interesting. We have eight people so everybody has ideas about basically everything, but everybody agrees on what we think is best. It looks good.”

What are you most excited for? “Just performing and being able to dress up in our costumes and basically making idiots out of ourselves. Just being up on stage will be fun.”

What are you most nervous about? “Forgetting the dance because I kind of have a short term memory but I don’t think it will be too bad.”

What would you like the audience to know? “We started practicing about a week ago, so, i don’t know, it’ll be interesting.”

Why did you want to be in an airband? “I feel like it’s just part of the senior year experience and it’s just one of those things. I feel like I’d be missing out if I didn’t do it.”