Academy Woman Named at Annual Awards Ceremony

STA presents the Academy Woman award to one senior who “exemplifies the finest personal qualities and characteristics of a STA student,” according to the STA website.

Lauren Sweeny

Lauren Sweeny is a proud member of the STA Dance team, Spirit Club, FBLA and Sources of Strength. She volunteered as both a Kairos and freshman retreat leader this past year, and enjoys spending her time listening to music, creating Pinterest boards, shopping and staying involved at STA.
Not only will she miss her unique high school experience, but also the endless opportunities STA provided, such as her service trip to Tijuana during
interim week of her junior year. No matter what she wanted to take part in at STA, Sweeny says, she felt met with friendly faces and support. “You couldn’t really get it anywhere else,” Sweeny said.

Olivia Oades

Olivia Oades is a strong participant in Sources of Strength, Campus Ministry, Model UN, Team Up for Saint Jude, GIVE Club and is an enthusiastic secretary of STA’s Spirit Club. She also spent her senior year leading a Kairos retreat and enjoys spending as much time as possible with her family and friends. Her favorite STA memory includes when the entire school sang “Lean on Me,” following the Spirit Club pep rally. She encourages every student to embrace how fulfilling of an experience STA can become. “There are opportunities for everyone to shine bright, and there are people here you can always lean on,” Oades said.

Alice Coates

Alice Coates spends her time at STA helping others in acts of service, whether it be fixing a broken pen at the Help Desk or teaching a new skill in the Makerspace. Outside of school, she roller skates at a local park and listens to music. She will miss the safe, welcoming community STA created for her, as well as the mentors she gained along the way. Coates will always remember helping at the auction this past year, and spending time in her safe space, STA. She wishes for all STA students to know the value in being true to yourself. “I’ve become the most happy out of this school because I’ve
realized that I can be myself,” Coates said.