Clubs organize second-annual spirit week

Preceding the Teresian dance, students participate in Spirit Week.

Sophomores Ellie Fuemmeler, from left, Ella Tomasic and Adelle Quick put glitter in Ava Fitzgerald’s eyebrows Sept. 21. Many students decorated their faces with gold and purple glitter to fit Friday’s theme of Mardi Gras. photo by Amy Schaffer

by Amy Schaffer, Photo Editor

Spirit Club, Human Dignity Club and the Teresian yearbook organized Spirit Week running from Sept. 17 to Sept. 21, the days preceding the Teresian dance. Students dressed down following a different theme for each day. Monday’s theme was witches and wizards, Tuesday’s was Hawaiian, Wednesday’s was “Gold Out,” Thursday’s was heroes and villains and Friday’s was Mardi Gras. Senior and Teresian Co-editor-in-chief Brooke Eldridge said the week took much cooperation to coordinate the tampon and pad drive and the dress down days.

“We all met about what our priorities were,” Eldridge said. “For the announcements we all worked together so that it really was a collaboration with three super cool clubs.”

Spirit club member Mollie Plas says it was her group’s role to brainstorm themes.

“We thought of ideas and gave them to the people on yearbook to decide.” Plas said.