STA hosts Catholic colleges fair

STA hosted Catholic colleges on campus Sept. 11 during activity period. This event was for sophomores, juniors and seniors.

Juniors Renee Fortin and Lauren Wittek speak with a college representative Sept. 11. Over 28 colleges were invited to attend. photo by Lily Hart

by Lily Hart, Managing Editor of Web

Tuesday, representatives from Catholic colleges were available in the Windmoor building for sophomores, juniors and seniors to visit with. This was one of many college events STA holds to help its students through the college process.

Junior Brooke Fallis has attended many college events, but thinks this one in particular stands out.

“I like this one because it’s during school so it’s easily accessible,” Fallis said.

Some of the colleges in attendance were Rockhurst University, Xavier University, Regis University and Loyola University Chicago. Fallis came to look at University of Dayton, as well as St. Louis University.

“The fact that it’s just Catholic schools kind of narrows it down and you know what you’re looking for,” Fallis said. “It helps you decide what schools you’re interested in and it also helps narrow down which schools are known for which majors so you can get a feel for that.”