The Coterie Theater features work done by junior Reilly Donnelly

Junior Reilly Donnelly wrote her own work and was able to perform in it at the Coterie Theater’s Young Playwrights’ Festival May 6.

Junior Reilly Donnelly stands with three other students from the festival. Every performance was written by students from a variety of schools. photo by Annabelle Meloy

by Annabelle Meloy, News Editor

The Coterie Theater featured a variety of student work May 6, including that of junior Reilly Donnelly. The event, known as the Young Playwrights’ Festival, included different sketches meant to incite a variety of emotions from the audience ranging from a solemn silence to a burst of laughter.

Donnelly, along with two other Coterie actors, starred in her own work entitled Tony Crisp’s Totally Tubular and Terrifyingly Terrific Tale.

“I really enjoyed the experience,” said Donnelly. “The collaborative process [of the sh0w] was my favorite part.”

The performance centered around two children known as Donna and Tim who accidentally unleash a magical character from a book named Tony Crisp. They then have to figure out a way to rid him of their house as he tries to pit the two against each other. She also acted in other performances throughout the night by students who are a part of the Young Playwrights’ Roundtable.