STA welcomes newest faculty members

Four new faculty members join STA's community.

by Annabelle Meloy, News Editor

Annabelle Meloy
New social studies teacher, Andrew Meyer, helps students during the club fair August 29 in the quad. Meyer was hired this year in place of Patrick Nielsen.

This year, STA has added four new teachers in a variety of departments including math, science, social studies and campus ministry. Vickie Albritton has joined STA as the newest math teacher to help fill the role of Ashley White and will primarily help with geometry. Matthew Lewis has also taken over as the new physics teacher in place of Terry Conner while also helping out with science extracurriculars like robotics.

In the absence of Patrick Nielsen, Andrew Meyer has been added as a new social studies teacher.

“Even though I am still nervous and getting more comfortable, the faculty and the girls especially are really great and welcoming here, so I’ve really enjoyed being able to get to know all the students,” Meyer said.

Andrea Essner, the new head of campus ministry, had a similar outlook on STA.

‘The thing I’m most excited about for this job is helping girls use faith to see who they can truly be,” Essner said. “So I’m really enthused about being able to share that part of life with girls, and I will feel especially honored if they choose to share it with me as well.”

STA has also welcomed back Robert Tonnies and Sarah Taber as English teachers.

About the Contributor
Annabelle Meloy, News Editor

Hi! I’m Annabelle Meloy, a third-year staffer and Darticated News Editor. I’m so excited to be a part of staff this year and to write stories that really matter to you, the people of STA. When I’m not feverishly working on finishing a Dart story, you can most likely see me chilling with Mr. Egner on the second floor of Donnelly or resolving many math problems in the Hub. My favorite thing to do is play with my three dogs and watch the amazing show The Office. I’m really eager to see what the rest of the school year brings because I know this will be one of the best years for the Dart.