Varsity soccer team attends luncheon in honor of their State Championship victory

The Varsity soccer team was invited to participate in the "March of Champions" at the Win for KC luncheon Feb. 1.

by Paige Powell, Photo Editor

The STA Varsity soccer team attended the Win for KC luncheon at the Kansas City Convention Center Feb. 1. The team was invited to be apart of the “March of Champions,” a parade within the event that honors girls who won the state championship in Kansas and Missouri for all sports. Win for KC is a division of the Kansas City Sports Commission and a non-profit organization that empowers women and girls through sports. At the luncheon, awards were given to inspiring athletes, and Olympic softball player Jessica Mendoza gave a speech as the keynote speaker. Mendoza is the first woman ever to be a baseball analyst on ESPN, and shared her story to the 1600 people who attended the event.

About the Writer
Paige Powell, Photo Editor

I’m Paige Powell, one of the photo editors of the Dart and DartNewsOnline. This my second year on staff, and each year just gets better! When I am not...