A humble abode

Spotted: A new dwelling outside Donnelly Hall, and it’s not a tree house for the girls of the fine Academy to peruse around during frees. Instead, the shady corner usually gone unnoticed has become a new habitat for our campus felines.  But the real question is: Which one? Due to recent sightings of Ms. Hoecker sharing her PB&J on the Donnelly steps with the impostor cat ‘Little Bits’ (Latin name: Tituba) almost every day, many believe the Quad-side home is intended for that evil, black ball of fur.

No worries, STA. Our beloved campus kitty has marked his territory. He stands firm and tall next to his humble abode, keeping all other furry annoyances far, far away. Some say ‘sharing is caring,’ but sassy kittens don’t share. And who would? That brown, wooden box with attachable awning serves as the perfect getaway for a shady, afternoon nap. Add an outdoor kitty bed, catnip and a bowl full of MeowMix into the equation, and you have a homemade palace fit for a king, or should I say Critter? Ah, home sweet home.

But wait, what is that plastic igloo that has also made its way to the east side of Donnelly? This isn’t Antarctica, this is Kansas City.  Take your tacky residence and leave, misfit kitty. And beware, your time is short. AP Biology is on the hunt for test subjects for their anatomy unit. Look out, Tituba, Ms. Blake is coming for you.

Critter's new corner. Photo by Kirsty McGhie