Elective Fair held in Goppert Center

Students gathered in Goppert Center to learn about the offered electives.

Freshmen Anna Johnson and Abby Schipfer pose for a photo with European History teacher Mike Egner. Egner dressed in Medeival armor to promote his European History class. photo by Julia Kerrigan

by Julia Kerrigan, Staff Writer

The Elective Fair was held in the Goppert Center Tuesday and was opened to freshmen, sophomores and juniors during Activity 1 and 2. Teachers answered questions about the electives they offered and passed out flyers promoting courses such as Economics and Computer Programming.

The fair is held to “allow students to explore beyond the few sentences on the web site, and talk to teachers all in one place if they have questions,” college counselor Debi Hudson said.

There are many new electives for students to choose from, such as Ballet, Game Development and Women as Witnesses. History teacher Mike Egner dressed himself in a helmet and breastplate and armed with a broadsword, to promoting his European History class. Students swarmed around him for a chance to hold the sword and grab some informational papers too.