Volleyball team wins Districts

The varsity volleyball team competed at Districts the 18th and 19th, and are now the District champions. The Stars will move on to Sectionals at Liberty High School.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Volleyball team wins Districts

Varsity volleyball team competes at Districts at Lees Summit North High School. The team won and are now the Districts champions. photo by Cece Curran

by Cece Curran, staff writer

The varsity volleyball team competed at Districts at Lee’s Summit North High School. The Stars played Truman High School in the semi-finals and won both two matches. They won against Truman 25-15 in the first game and 25-10 in the second, advancing them to the finals.

In the finals they won the first game and won again in the second game with a score of 25-18. They will move on to compete at sectionals this coming Saturday at 3:00 pm at Liberty High School.

Senior varsity player Molly Bird said after the game,“It’s really kind of indescribable, this is what we’ve been working for all season. This is why we’ve had early morning practices, long days, long hours, hard workouts. So it just makes everything feel worth it in the end, so it’s a really good feeling,”