Administration creates new developments for the year

Many committees are working to bring new projects and events to STA this coming year.

A Google Summit conference will be held at St. Teresa's February. photo courtesy of keanxchange.com

A Google Summit conference will be held at St. Teresa’s February. photo courtesy of keanxchange.com

by Helen Wheatley, Copy Editor of Opinion

The administration is currently working on many new projects for the coming school year and summer. The developments include and tend to focus on the STEAM initiative and new technologies for students, according to principal of academic affairs Barb McCormick.

Writing center

A group of faculty is currently researching the possible development of a writing center that would come to STA during the fall of 2016. Faculty are looking into how students would be involved as mentors and as learners.

STEAM summer camp

A subcommittee of faculty on the board at STA is attempting to develop summer camps and courses that young elementary-aged girls could take here at the school to expose them to STEAM opportunities. These camps may include current STA students as mentors and co-teachers.

Japan trip to sister school

A trip to visit STA’s sister school in Japan is being organized; it can be carried out if enough students are willing to partake in the event. The trip would take place in the month of July.

Google Summit

A Google Summit is to be held on STA’s campus in February. A Google Summit is a weekend conference of educators that will bring about 400 people together to learn about Google applications and tools for educational purposes.

Method test prep

An ACT online test prep software has been secured for all students this year. Students can utilize this software to practice test-taking skills. The program will be introduced to students within the coming days.