Senior class holds dance-a-thon

Senior class holds dance-a-thon
AP Photo
 by Madeline Best

On Saturday, Feb. 8 the senior class held a 70s-themed dance-a-thon in order to raise money for future class events such as prom and graduation. The dance-a-thon was open to not only STA, but surrounding schools like Rockhurst High School, Notre Dame de Sion High School and Bishop Miege High School. Students were charged $5 for entry and to be entered into the dance contest.

Unlike a normal dance, the dance-a-thon included games and challenges such as dance offs, intense conga lines and other contests all overseen by senior class president Bailey Whitehead. The gym was split in half, one side for dance-a-thon participants while the other side was for those who had been eliminated or chose to give up. The last person left dancing won a grand prize of $100.

Along with dancing, there were also other activities such as a photo booth. Participants in the dance-a-thon were given a contestant number to wear while dancing.

The senior class had high hopes for this fundraiser.

“I’m hoping that we can get a lot of people to come,” senior Molly Laird said. “I think it will be awesome, and I’m hoping that STA students and students from other schools think so too.”