iMa wEiRdO: oops…

So something really hilarious happened last week…

I was in American Lit class (my FAVORITE class right now LOL Mr. Fast), having such a great in-class discussion with my classmates. A heated argument had just arisen about whether or not it was legitimate for Daisy Buchanan to fall on the ground and sob over a pile of Gatsby’s dress shirts.

Betsy Tampke, my hero.

I love these discussions because the girls involved always manage to take one, minorly detailed line from the text and analyze the brains out of it until your mind completely explodes. I had just given my “schpeel” (apparently that’s not a real word) on the fact that Daisy is a heartless brat when fellow classmate Betsy Tampke (idol) went in for the kill.

From an outsider’s perspective, Betsy Tampke is the embodiment of an AP American Language/Literature student. Not only is she intelligent, insightful, in-depth; but she also received the AP American Language/Literature academic award today.

Props, Bets. Proud of ya.

Anyway, back to my story.. it hasn’t even gotten weird yet.

Betsy begins:

“Well, I feel that…” Pffftttt.

Yes. It’s true. Betsy Tampke. Farted. In Lit Class. During a discussion. That she was leading. And instead of ignoring it/covering it up/moving on, she says:

“Oops.”

Possibly one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed at STA. Actually, I don’t know what was funnier:

The infinite Mr. Fast. American Lit teacher. LOL.

The fact that Betsy had just farted in front of our whole entire class, and then didn’t even attempt to save herself, or watching Mr. Fast laugh like a little girl in the corner of the classroom.

Betsy, you rock. You should have been given an academic award today not for excellence in AP American Language/Literature, but for A+ Gas Passer. You’re an inspiration to us all.

And shout out to Mr. Fast, who truly thought this event was “wEirDo blog worthy.”

And Mr. Thomas, who just said: “You know you’re way too far into a school when a teenaged girl asks you if you’ve heard about another student farting in class…and you have.”

True dat, dudes.  All we can do is love it. And accept it.

Because as one of my favorite childhood books says:

“Everybody farts.”

Peace. Love. FartNewsOnline.

wEirDo