you people disgust me…

Our future showers/bathtubs?

Hmm…

Just wanted to confirm for all those out there that think I am the most disgusting person in the WORLD: I did not choose this week’s topic.

YOU  PEOPLE DID.

So now that we have that taken care of, let’s talk about everyone’s favorite subject: peeing in the shower.

Don’t say anything. Because I guarantee that you have peed in the shower at least once in your life, or at least once this week.

What do I have to say about it? I say, Why not?

Even though it’s totally gross, disgusting, and most of all, WEIRD, when you think about it, peeing in the shower is totally practical. Here’s why:

• Unless you have a bladder infection or something, your urine is completely sterile and harmless.
  • Toilet flushing accounts for almost 27 percent of indoor water use in a home. And the amount used per flush ranges from a gallon to a whopping seven gallons. Peeing in the shower totally cuts down on this, therefore it’s saving water.
  • You’re already wet, so why does it matter? Also, you’re about to clean your whole entire body anyway. So just get over it and let go…

After that, I know you are convinced to try this at home.

But peeing in the shower isn’t easy. There are definitely some rules you need to follow in order to be a shameless shower squirter:

1. Don’t start until after the water has. The water not only conceals the noise for others in the house to hear, but also avoids direct contact between your urine and the shower floor.  The idea is that your urine will be quickly whisked away down the drain, avoiding personal hygiene issues, and not to mention convincing you that you did not just pee in the shower.
  2. In addition, it forces you to take care of business before you start cleaning yourself. Therefore, you have the opportunity for a full-rinse-cycle afterward.
  3. DO NOT DO IT IN A FRIEND’S SHOWER. Nothing ruins a friendship more than inappropriate urination. Plus, it’s just rude. Save friend fights for something better.
  4. And finally, do not get carried away. Don’t wash your hands in the toilet, and do not poop in the bathtub.

If we all just embrace peeing in the shower, the world would be a better place. And I know the Brazilians are thinking the same thing as me.

Exhibit A:

Brazilian environmentalist groups are hard at work trying to convince the population to conserve water by relieving themselves while bathing.

They even show this commercial during children’s television programs, showing trapeze artists, basketball players, and—hey, even aliens!—urinating in the shower, in order to convince kids that it’s okay to just let it all go while in the shower. See for yourself:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gESV9nTMBTc]

For those of you who don’t speak Porteugeuse, and didn’t catch that, the ad ends with: “Pee in the shower!” Save the Atlantic rainforest!”

Cute, huh?

Okay, I know;  maybe this vid is a little excessive, but it does make a point:  Save water. Save the planet.  Pee in the shower.

xoxo,

wEiRdO